Pages

Monday 8 February 2016

Vintage Pledge 2016


Sewing vintage patterns wasn't something that I was al that interested in up until recently.  Vintage always makes me think of images like the one above and, while those clothes are very beautiful, they are also not my style at all.  However after my successes sewing up some 70's patterns last year I've decided to sign up to the vintage pledge this year (clicking the image above should take you through to more details).  The pledge I made was pretty straightforward, to sew up 2 vintage patterns in the coming year.  While I reserve the right to change my mind at any time, here are the patterns I'm intending to make.

This dress is completely up my alley and I'm really hoping I'll love it.  The envelope states that it is recommended for knits, but the suggested fabrics also include wovens and it does have a zip in the back so I figure I'm going straight for the middle by using a stretch woven.  My fabric is black with neon skulls on which I've been saving especially for this dress.


I bought this one a few months ago for 2 reasons.  Firstly it's a multi sized pattern which is quite nice as most of my vintage patterns are not and my skills aren't really up to grading up or down a size and secondly those little sleeve caps just look really cute.  The front zip is an element that I'm not entirely sold on, but I could probably move it to the side if needs be.  I'm not 100% committed to fabric, but I have a some blue viscose with little clocks on which is tempting me at the moment.

So that's my plans, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else makes this year!

No comments: