Pages

Monday 15 February 2016

FO: Effervesce

Wow, so Ravelry is telling me that the last time I completed a full sized pair of adult socks was in 2012!  I've always loved knitting socks, but for some reason I haven't really been feeling it for a while.  I didn't realise that we were taking quite that long though!  Of course I haven't stopped buying sock yarn in all that time so hopefully my sock mojo is here to stay and I can start working my way through some of it!
What's to say then?  This pattern (Effervesce by Purrlescent) was just the ticket to get me going on socks again.  I was looking for something a little intricate but not requiring every ounce of my concentration.  These little cables were pretty intuitive and a quick glance at the chart at the begining of each round was all that was necessary.  I love the effect of the cables as they dwindle down to nothing just before my big toes.  So pretty and because the socks mirror each other each sock is a little different which makes knitting the second sock a little less tedious if you suffer from second sock syndrome!
I went for the middle size as some of my handknitted socks have come up a little snug in the past, but these are nice and stretchy and I could probably have got away with the smallest size.  The foot chart, however, was exactly the right length for my foot and I didn't need to add any rows before starting the toe.  The yarn is John Arbon's Exmoor Blueface which I bought a couple of years back.  I bought 2 skeins, the first in Navy to send to a Ravelry friend in a swap and the peacock for me.  It feels really nice on my feet and I'm still loving the colour I chose.  It's slightly fuzzy so the cables aren't quite as crisp as they could be, but who cares.
I'm definitely fully back on the sock bandwagon and I'm itching to knit my next pair but I promised Lissy a sweater so I'm going to try and bust that out as fast as I can so I can get back to my socks.

No comments: