Pages

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Selfish Knitting

With all of the Christmas knitting finished (in a mad panic I might add, the little Julian vest went straight off the needles, into a giftbag and off to the recipient without even a second spare to photograph it.  Oops!) I thought a spot of selfish knitting as in order.  I have plenty I want to knit for my girls and their unborn cousin, but a bit of me-knitting was too tempting.  Luckily there's a knitalong for that!

This year everyone is knitting one of Andi Satterlund's cardigan patterns and the deadline is Valentines Day.  I'm thinking I should have no trouble hitting that deadline because I'm already here:

After a lot of thought and procrastination I finally plumped for the Hetty pattern (although Myrna was a close second) and I am really pleased with how fast it has grown.  I was a little worried because I have a terrible track record of making a right pigs ear of all over lace patterns, but this is a 6 stitch repeat with stockinette for 6 out of the 8 rows so it's been fine so far.  To be fair I have had a lot of time to knit, both Stu and I are off work until after new year and the girls have been kept very busy with all of their new Christmas toys so I've just been parked on the sofa knitting away.  I wonder if I can get it done before the year is out and add to to my 2015 FO total?  Best get back to it.....

No comments: