Pages

Monday 1 June 2015

Outfit Along 2015


The 2015 Outfit Along begins today, so I thought I'd quickly outline my plans for the next couple of months. I'm sure there will be other project snuck in here and there but these are my outfitty type plans. Yes, I did say plans because I'm kind of hoping to squeak out two! We have until the end of July and I'm quietly optimistic that I can knit two cardigans in that time, especially as right now this minute I'm probably sat knitting in a caravan in Norfolk while all of the world's water falls out of the sky on to my holiday.
So, Outfit 1, which will definitely happen, consists of a dress and a cardigan. For the cardigan I'm using Andi Satterlund's Miette, mainly because I was planning on knitting this up soon and I already had the yarn. The yarn is Drops Loves You 5, which is ridonkulously cheap (80p a ball!) and perfect for a summer cardi. For the dress I'm using some lovely chambray to sew a vintage pattern that I got off eBay a little while back. Being a one size pattern I wasn't entirely sure how well it was going to fit, so I was a good girl and made a muslin. On the whole it fits pretty well, however I need to remove about 4 inches from the length. Now I'm the first person to admit that I will never be described as either tall or leggy, but I'm slightly terrified of meeting anybody on whom this would actually be above the knee! Attack of the 50ft woman! I'm still undecided on whether I'm going to add sleeves the sleeves on this or not, but as I won't be cutting out until I get back from my hols I've got some time to mull it over.
Outfit 2 is still not entirely set in stone. For my knitted piece I'm definitely going to be knitting the 'official' OAL pattern, Vianne again by Andi Satterlund. I really liked it as soon as I saw it and it will be nice to join in with the knitalong. I'll be using some Stylecraft Ethical Twist from my stash, probably in it's natural state, but I may consider dyeing it if I change my mind about fabric. I'm leaning towards either of these 2 patterns at the moment, but I reserve the right to change my mind at least 5 times before I cut into the fabric.
So them's my plans, stay tuned to see how I get on.

1 comment:

SeamsOddLouise.Blogspot.com said...

Hope the weather perks up and you enjoy the rest of your hold these plans sound good. Lots to do though!