Pages

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Things in progress

Finishing fever has finally wound down here, so what am I working on now?

Caramel has been in queue for ages and ages but I was having terrible trouble deciding what colour yarn to buy. Then, when I decided to frog my Cria I realised that I could use the grey Rowan Felted Tweed from that and combine it with some purple and pink Katia Merino Blend that I had in the stash. Given that this is essentially a wearable blanket it is knitting up really fast. It's been slowing down a bit as I've been increasing for the sleeves, but I've only got a couple of rows left before I put the sleeves on scraps and then I'll be able to zip down the body in no time. Probably.

In my sewing room I'm upping my skills a bit by attempting a Moss Skirt by Grainline Studios. It seems I can't link to it today because my iPad hates me, but I'll get on that when it's finished. It's a super cute skirt with a back yoke, fly front zip and I've even gone for flat felled seams. If I pull it off I think this will be a great wardrobe staple, I wear this style of skirt all the time and I'll be able to make loads of them. I'm also looking to attempt jeans soon so this is great practice before I throw myself into that.

On my spinning wheel is some beautiful fibre I received in a swap at the end of last year. It's a Sweet Georgia polwarth silk blend all the way from Canada. The colours are beautiful so I'm just spinning two plies to try and preserve them as much as possible.

So that's my little round up, I wonder what I'll finish first?

 

 

1 comment:

Renee Anne said...

I vote on the spinning but that's because I've not been able to spin for quite awhile.