Pages

Tuesday 13 January 2015

FO: Totoro Mitts

I don't have too much to say about these, they're mittens with Totoro on for the Studio Ghibli fan in my life.

The pattern, Norwegian Totoro Mittens, was concise and easy and knitted up really quickly. It was only because of illness and other commitments that these weren't done in time for Christmas. The only thing I'd say was that the info on size and gauge was a little vague. I needed to size up and just guessed that using worsted instead of DK and 5mm needles would produce the size I needed. Before blocking they were a fraction too short, but happily they seem to be just right now they're blocked.

With hindsight I think I'd have preferred to reverse the colours but I like them well enough as they are and they'll probably stay cleaner than if they were predominantly white.

So Happy Christmas Stu, sorry they took so long at least it's not really been cold enough to need them eh?!

 

 

No comments: