Pages

Monday 17 February 2014

You and Me MKAL: Clue 1

I didn't manage to finish Cassie's Lotta Bolero before my first MKAL clue arrived. All the pieces are done but now I need to join the shoulders and start knitting the collar. Unsurprisingly I dropped it like a ton of bricks when my clue plopped into my Ravelry library. Given the choice of sewing up or starting a new and exciting project I think we all know what I'm going to choose. However I got the clue at 5pm on Friday and I'm already done so I've no excuse but to get sewing and finish the cardi.

So here's my spoilery progress pic for a Clue 1.

The yarn is some sock yarn from Yarn Undyed that I dyed a little while back, it's not quite as solid as I'd like and I clearly didn't rinse it properly so it's a bit crunchy, but it works. I'm loving the shawl so far. I'm not a huge fan of garter stitch, but the slipped stitch cables are so cool that I really don't care. Roll on Friday, I can't wait to see what's next!

 

1 comment:

Renee Anne said...

It looks squishy, even if you say it's crunchy :)

The nice part is that when you're done, you can soak it and wash it properly so it shouldn't be crunchy anymore.