Pages

Sunday 24 November 2013

FOs part two

My second FO for this week was a little cardi for baby. Much as I'm supposed to be concentrating on Christmas presents and winter woollies for Cassie I do feel better now I've completed a 'proper' garment for baby, not just hats and socks.

There's not really a lot to say about this, the pattern is Little Coffee Bean Cardigan by Elizabeth Smith and is a really simple lovely little pattern. As ever I was less than enthusiastic about picking up stitches for the button band and I made a less than brilliant job of it, but I can live with it. The yarn is Drops Nepal, I ended up using 1 ball of the pink and about 1 1/2 of the blue. I'm a bit miffed that I bought extra of the pink when it turns out I had just enough in the stash but I'll definitely use it for something so I'm not too annoyed. The buttons are super cute and were actually in my Christmas stocking last year, good choice Santa!

 

1 comment:

Renee Anne said...

You could make a cute little matching beanie that is mostly the pink and a little bit of the blue...or a couple of them, really :)