Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

Stashdown Yarn 2

The second of my Stashdown Trio is some Rowan 4 ply Soft which I bought in a cone a lot of years ago.  I've finally got round to winding it into balls so now I know for sure that I have around 500g which gives me around 1750m to play with.  Now, apart from socks, I very rarely work with 4-ply so I knew that choosing a garment for this yarn was going to be a tall order.  Especially as I've attempted to knit with it before and gave up once the endless rows of stockinette with tiny needles became too much and poor old Hanne from Rowan Studio 3 has been sitting in a drawer for years until I finally ripped it back last week.  I'm pretty sure that I have actually moved house 3 times since it went in the drawer!  So from long neglected yarn to long neglected pattern books, I have decided to try knitting Laika from Ysolda's Little Red in the City.  Like Custom Knits 2, which I mentioned yesterday, I received Little Red as a gift at least 2 christmasses ago and I still haven't knit anything from it so I'm glad to be finally trying one of the patterns.I'm hoping that the lacy pattern should add interest and distract me from the fact I am knitting with 4-ply.  I guess we'll see.

No comments: