Pages

Monday 20 May 2013

Dilemma

Progress has stalled a little on Cassie's bolero because despite all of the stash diving I have been doing recently I completely failed to notice the absence of any more pink Kidsilk Haze.  I was certain I had loads of it but while I do have loads of it in white and just as much in a sparkly off white, in pink I have none.  So either I have been imagining yarn or it does exist, just in a 'safe place'.  This leaves me in a bit of a pickle, because there is one place where I can find some...
The pink fuzzy one at the back
This is a Slouchy Cover Up from Rowan Studio 5 and it has been 99% completed for a number of years now.  The side seams need sewing and the I just need to pick up stitches and finish the neck and that is it.  Of course I cna't do that now because I've just used the last bit of yarn for the bolero.  So it's looking like I will either need to rip back the bolero to finish the sweater or rip back the sweater to finish the bolero.  Ripping back an adult sweater to knit half of a baby vest does seem a little bit crazy, particularly as KSH is notoriously 'sticky' to frog and it is knit with two strands held together which will then need to be separated.  Not fun.  However this sweater has been sitting unfinished for years and probably isn't my size any more so do I really want to finish it?  Realistically I'm thinking that it has to go, but I'm really not relishing the idea of actually unravelling it and I'm wondering if it would be quicker to rip the bolero and start that again with another colour of KSH and worry about the sweater afterwards.  Hmm, I have some thinking to do!

No comments: