Pages

Friday 8 March 2013

Hats and more hats

I've been going through a bit of a hat phase recently, this is mostly because they are a quick project, partly because it has been pretty cold and slightly because I just love hats.  Between the Christmas period and the end of January I made around 5 hats, with varying degrees of success.
This hat is definitely a winner, made as a practice hat for a baby hat swap I couldn't more pleased with it.  I'd been having trouble finding an ideal yarn for the swap and decided I'd dye some myself.  Before I went ahead with the dyeing I thought I'd better do a swatch with some of the same yarn I had previously dyed.  I didn't quite get gauge so of course I thought the sensible thing to do would be to make an entire practice hat just to see whether it would do.  Well it came out great, but as soon as I finished it I found the perfect yarn online so the whole thing was a bit of a waste of time!
This hat is the actual hat swap hat, shortly after the photo was taken it winged it's way up to a lovely little boy in the North of England.  His mum has posted a few pictures of him on Facebook wearing his hat while they are out and about which makes me really happy.  The pattern I used for both hats is the Regan Aviator Hat pattern and the swap hat was knitted with Manos Del Uruguay Maxima which is just soooo soft.

In return Cassie recieved this awesome hat from Canada.  I absolutely love it.  She doesn't have much hair yet and this hat makes her look like she has little pig tails.
 More hats next time, this post is getting quite long!


1 comment:

Renee Anne said...

I love them! And she does look like she has little purple pigtails in that photo.

Little Man got a lot of hats when we lived in Wisconsin (because it snowed all winter and got really cold)...he hasn't had many made since we moved. ::sigh::