Pages

Wednesday 22 February 2012

FO: Yarn.

The plying ball at the end of my last post?  Here it is now:
I will admit that I did not love spinning this, a blend of masham, merino, silk and sparkles, there was nothing wrong with it at all but it just never clicked.  However, this turns out to be an advantage because I love the finished yarn a lot.  Not only is it really pretty, but it is much bulkier than I am normally able to spin and has wonderful thick and fluffy bits.  I haven’t weighed it yet, but there is around 85m there.  Now to hunt for the perfect project for it.

I’m pottering away on a few other projects, but there’s not really much to report.  I’m just working my way down the back of the baby wrap cardigan and hope to have it done soon.  I’m halfway through sewing a foldable changing mat, but I’m currently unpicking that because I got all my layers in the wrong order and would have ended up with the batting on the outside, oops.  I’m blaming baby brain!  Thankfully I’m finally giving up work at the end of this week, so I will have plenty more time to get on with these things and all of the other projects I have on my mind.  I have to say that I do really enjoy my job, I work with some wonderful people who have been so interested in my pregnancy and so excited for me that it is strange to be leaving them all behind for the next 9 months.  That said, I’m now at the stage where even putting on my socks in the morning is a trial, so not having to get up and go to work each day will be such a relief.  Oh, and in about 5 weeks I get to be a mummy, how cool is that?

1 comment:

Renee Anne said...

So when do we get to see photos of your pregnant self? Just curious...

I think the worst thing about my pregnancy (besides being kicked in the bladder) was not being able to tie my shoes properly. I could still get up and down from the floor so I could get my shoes on but I couldn't tie them straight. It drove me nuts!