Pages

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Ooooh, is that for me?

5 minutes before I left for work yesterday (and about 5 minutes after I should have left for work yesterday) a knock on the door signalled the arrival of the postman with 5 parcels.  I only had time to establish that 2 of them were for me, 1 from Texere and the other from Fabric Rehab, before I scurried out of the door.  Unsurprisingly I spent most of my working day willing it to be 5 o'clock so I could get home and get into the contents of those parcels.  So the second thing I did after closing the front door ( the first was feeding the cats who were apparently STARVING judging by the volume of the miaowing) was dive straight in.
Look, a big pile of colourful potential! I love that all of these were speculative purchases - I have no firm plans for any of it so I'm looking forward to a good few hours of looking at patterns and colour combinations and dreaming of all the possibilities.
These are 2 very different sets of mixed merino top from Texere.  Looking at these I am very clearly a person of light and shade.  I love splashes of bright colour, but I do enjoy darker colours especially blacks and greys.  I guess this is what stops me looking like a clown on a daily basis.  Anyway, I think this little selection satisfies any colour whim I might have for a while.
All of the fabric I purchased from Fabric rehab, however, is a touch on the less subtle side.  Plain colours and simple patterns are relatively easy to find so I was looking for something a bit different.  There are certainly some unusual prints here that will be perfect for bags and as accents on garments.  I'm sure you'll agree that I have plenty to keep me busy here and hopefully plenty of news for my next post!

No comments: