Pages

Monday 8 December 2008

Quick update

I don't really have all that much to say today, but I started the shoulder shaping last night for the front of my Slouchy Cover-Up – woohoo! This is the point where I get all excited because I am very nearly done, and also when I tend to find that I slow down a bit because I'm nervous about where I may have gone wrong. I worry if it will fit properly, I worry if the front and back have ended up the same length and mostly I worry about the fact that I will very soon be seaming! I hate sewing up my projects, mainly because I'm not very good at it and I would hate to think that I have spent weeks knitting something and then it looks crap because my seaming sucks. I have tried to prevent this to a certain extent by leaving all of the shoulder stitches on a holder instead of casting off. I will then do a 3 needle bind off so at least the shoulders will look good. I figure that way even if I muff up the sides then all I have too is keep my hands permanently by my sides and no one will be any the wiser! I'm really looking forward to having this done because I think it will be really pretty and I'm hoping it will be light and airy but also quite warm and should be perfect for this really chilly weather we are having.

It was a very picturesque scene this morning as I looked out and everything was sparkling with frost, the puddles frozen and shining. Unfortunately I did not appreciate this to it's full extent when I realised I couldn't go back to bed and was going to have to go outside, brrr! The ride to work was actually ok though. I have really been frightening myself, imagining black ice everywhere and having visions of myself having a nasty accident but the roads have actually been fine. Apparently they were quite bad this morning just beyond where I live but luckily (for me!) the gritters seem to have been doing their job in my part of town. I will probably still ride everywhere at 20mph, just to be safe. Just hope you aren't the one stuck behind me!

No comments: