Pages

Sunday 7 December 2008

Oh Christmas Tree....

It is starting to feel like Christmas round here now, the Christmas tree is up and decorated and I have wrapped some presents so it really feels like I am getting there. I have to add right away that the Christmas tree looks way better in real life than in that picture! For some reason it looks like the Leaning Tower of Piza even though it is perfectly straight and the jacket hanging on the wall will have to be put away as soon as possible. The lights are much brighter that they look as well, I will probably have to take another picture in the dark to show what it really looks like. It didn't take me too long to decorate, Pootle only had a short game of bauble football before I got them all on the tree, but only time will tell if he tries to steal them back off the tree. He did cause a bit of trouble while I was gift wrapping yesterday and I ended up throwing him out of the room, but I think the present I was wrapping was so huge that he couldn't help himself! You can see in the picture that Chris' present is so huge that we have actually decided to put the Christmas tree on it. I had to go out yesterday and buy extra wide paper in order to wrap it ( it was quite a challenge trying to get the roll of paper home from the shops on the Vespa, but I did it!). Anyway, I had finished sticking down one side of the parcel and started to spin the box round to do the other side, only to find Pootle hiding inside the parcel, I shooed him out but not before he had made dozens of tiny claw holes in the paper. Luckily it doesn't notice too much, but I am now hoping and praying that he doesn't decide to try and get back in and shred all the paper. Fingers crossed....

2 comments:

Jess said...

What is it with you cats and liking to be involved with any kind of craft?
Oh and by the way you colour scheme is actually giving me a headache, nice colours but ouch =[

Hanrahan said...

I'm not big into the colours either, think I'll be off to change it!