Pages

Monday 29 September 2008

Wheels!

Well it has been a few days since I posted as knitting news is thin on the ground here. I finally received my tax disc on Wednesday so I have spent more time zooming around on that then I have knitting! In addition it seems that circumstances have been conspiring against me to make sure that Brights 1 is not finished before the end of the month. On Thursday I worked a 12 hour shift and pretty much went to bed as soon as I got home (9:15pm). On Friday I had a half day but I had to visit my parents, get ready for a big night out, go back to my parents to retrieve my mobile phone after I forgot it, go back home, make dinner and be out by 6:30. Saturday I spent most of the day wrapped up in a blanket regretting the excesses of the night before. Sunday however felt like a goof day to crack on but then horror of horrors, my row counter had disappeared! After searching high and low with no joy I finally took myself in hand, found another row counter and sat down to work out where I had got to. Feeling all smug I duly got going only to realise half an hour later that I had forgotten that this pattern has an 'at the same time' instruction. Given that I have successfully managed to follow this instruction on the back and the left front with no trouble at all I felt more than a little silly. So you can guess what happened next....rriiiiiipppp! After that I managed to settle down and have now finished the sleeve shaping so it's just the last push now. Socktoberfest begins on Wednesday and I don't think I'll be done by then but I'll just have to get it done as soon as I can so that I can devote as much of October as possible to socks.

No comments: