Pages

Sunday 14 September 2008

Well, here I am!

Ok, it's really difficult to know where to begin so I guess I'll just get on with it. This is really going to be a knitting blog although I obviously will chat about all the other stuff I get up to. I like to share what I have been baking and the kind of silly stuff I get up to but mainly I think I'll go on (and on) about my knitting. The main reason for this is that I don't really have that many real life friends who knit and no-one really gets why I'm so obsessed. Hopefully this is set to change.....

I got a call from my Mum yesterday, she said that one of the ladies she works with has a son who is leaving his job as a chef and is going back to college to do business and fashion or something random like that. I wasn't entirely sure where this was going, but apparently he would like to learn to knit and they were wondering if I could teach him. This is a dream come true! Although I have taught my little sister, Jess, to knit, she hasn't quite got the fever for it so hopefully I have found myself a new victim. Mwa ha ha! I'll keep you posted. I also haven't given up on Jess, there is hope for her yet too.

I'm actually riding quite high today, on the day of m
y first blog post I have actually got an FO to share. I've been making the Crinkle cardigan from Rowan 39. I finished the knitting part over a week ago, but seaming and finishing are not my strong point and it's not til today that I knucled down and got it done. Anyway, it's done now and I really like it. It is a little bit different and I like that it is kind of 2 cardigans. This is it just normal....


And then you kind of pull on the ribbons and the sides go up like a blind and voila, its a shrug!

I'll save the update on what I'm knitting now for tomorrow.

No comments: