Pages

Friday 19 September 2008

Not much knitting to report, but.....


Wow, have I had a busy few days!

Things are really going mad at work, there are students just pouring in wanting tours and help with this that or the other. I'm actually really enjoying it, I seem to thrive in a busy environment. It is nice to get home at the end of the day and have a sit down though. Despite the craziness I was lucky enough to score the day off yesterday. I got a phonecall on Wednesday from the scooter shop I bought my Vespa from to say that they would like to deliver it the next day! So I managed to wangle the day off and waited impatiently for my new favourite toy to arrive. It got to my parents house all safe and sound about 12:30 and there are no words for how excited I was! I have to say how impressed I have been with the scooter people (Ron Daley's) not only did I get free delivery, a free helmet, free gloves and a free lock and chain, I also got a more expensive scooter than I ordered as they couldn't get hold of the one I wanted and then they threw in a flyscreen for my trouble. Plus they are all really nice, I can't recommend them enough.

Unfortunately I am still waiting on my tax disc so I can't go out on it yet. I did ride it from my Mum and Dad's to my house yesterday just so that I could stick it in the garage, but I won't risk it again til it's all legal! I'm beginning to think that this is probably a good thing though because I seem to be having 'one of those days' today. You name it it's gone wrong! I got to work and started the day doing the banking, none of the machines did what they were supposed to do and nothing seemed to add up. We sorted all that out so I thought, time for a cup of tea. I was recounting an incident last year where I lost my hold on a mug I was carrying and smashed in on the floor and at that precise moment I somehow managed to let go of the bottle of milk in my hand and spill that all over the floor. After cleaning that up I then went to remove the infuser from my cup of tea only to pull out the lid but not the business end with all the tea leaves in - yucky! I have also stood around waiting to give two library tours where no-one has turned up and it's not even 2pm yet. Luckily we are staying in tonight, although I may avoid knitting due to the pointy nature of the needles!

I have got a fairly busy weekend ahead of me now. Got a few bits and bobs to get for my scooter and it is my friend Dave's 30th birthday so we are having a meal out tomorrow. There is a meeting of the Chatham Knitting Group tomorrow morning but I'm not sure if I am going to be able squeeze that in. It would be a shame to miss it as it is really nice to see what everyone is making and to hear about what they have purchased recently. Guess I'll have to play it by ear.

No comments: